Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Moment #95: a writing prompt for your work-in-progress

(If you’ve already read this then skip past all the italicized blah-di-blah and start writing.) Monday Moments are writing prompts for your work-in-progress. They are questions that come from my experiences and are my favorite way to find out more about my characters. I find I learn a lot. Some of it I use. Some of it I don’t. But I always, always get to know my character(s) better just by answering the question. I hope you do too.)

Wrinkles!

Yeah, they've been on my mind lately. Especially the ones I feel like I have the power to prevent, and yet...I don't feel like I can make it happen. I am not powerful enough.

I have always ALWAYS been a side and tummy sleeper. What's that have to do with wrinkles, you might ask? Well, you can cause wrinkles by sleeping in the same position over and over. I know this, because the people on TV told me so. :)

But it's true. At least it is for me. Not only do I sleep on my side and stomach, but my head almost always faces one direction, and I can see the two spots that smoosh together creating  my sleeping lines. Not the pillow kind that go away, but permanent creases that I can only imagine will get deeper and widen as I smash my face in my pillow night after night. Gah!

But, what to do? I can't sleep on my back. I'd have to strap myself down. But then, I wouldn't sleep.

What is something your character does often that has left a physical mark on their body? Is the mark something they are proud of, or wish they could get rid of?

No comments: