Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday Moment #93:a writing prompt for your work-in-progress

(If you’ve already read this then skip past all the italicized blah-di-blah and start writing.) Monday Moments are writing prompts for your work-in-progress. They are questions that come from my experiences and are my favorite way to find out more about my characters. I find I learn a lot. Some of it I use. Some of it I don’t. But I always, always get to know my character(s) better just by answering the question. I hope you do too. )

How could this Monday Moment not be a post-Halloween Moment?

I have a bit of a Halloween hangover. How 'bout you?

And it's not that I had too much to drink or too much sugar (I think) but it was just all so much. Too much!

I told you last week that my fellow and instructors and I launched our new programs dressed as Wonder Woman. There were 8 of us! That was a whole lot of Wonder to behold: quite a sight.
Here I am, taking off to teach.



Based on your comments, and the encouragement of my family, I also wore the costume OUT! Yes, I walked our little town's parade in this get up. Although, with all the wind and chilliness, this Wonder Woman was happy to be wearing a red puffy coat. At least it matched the outfit. But all that wind kept whipping my wee little skirt up and my cape around my neck.


That's me with my handsome hubby heading to the parade.

I love this town when it come to Halloween (and lots of other things). The downtown streets close down at 4:00 and all the shops are open for the kids to kick off their night of trick-or-treating.


The streets were packed!

 I loved my girlies' costume ideas this year.

My oldest wanted to be a rag doll. I earned many Mommy Bonus Points making that yarn wig. She did her own make up. Love it.




My younger girlie decided she wanted to be Frankenstein, but a girlie one, and not the Bride of Frankenstein. She said, "I want to be pink. Not green." I love the idea.


Even my adorable mom and pops got into the act.



So, what were you for Halloween?

Funny enough, the first chapter in my first novel takes place on Halloween and is quite memorable for my main character.

What one Halloween was most memorable for your main character and why?

5 comments:

Martha Brockenbrough said...

Ooh! My WIP has a planned Halloween scene in it. It will be the first time my characters have seen each other in 8 years, and their recognition will be complicated by costumes. :-)

Sherrie Petersen said...

What a gorgeous family! Love the photos :)

Stasia said...

I was just thinking about a Halloween reference for my main character and her best friend. An inspiring holiday :) - Stasia

Unknown said...

I want to be part of your extended family.

Cuppa Jolie said...

Martha - Can't wait to here about that scene. Or read it. :)

Sherrie - Ah, thanks! I love them.

Stasia - Inspiring, for sure. And I think a costume says a lot...know what I mean?

Tracy - Really? Was it the crazy costumes? Our lovely little town? You are most welcome to be part of our extended family.