Friday, June 18, 2010

Is That a Flicker I See?

The shines been sadly missing! But I reallyreallyreally hope I see a flicker on the horizon.

But seriously, Blogger!?!

I had a schedule MM post for this last Monday. I swear I did. And I'm just noticing NOW that it didn't post. Well, if you've had a read of what was supposed to be my MM #73, you'll understand why I've been missing this week.

My girlie went from being super sick to extremely sick with pneumonia. But the toughest part has been that she has had allergic reactions to her antibiotics. Thankfully, she's now two doses into med #3 (so far no hives) and she's fever free for the first time in 11 days. So the only shine I've been focused on this week is the shine that's been missing in her eyes.

Okay, switching topics...

SCBWI Summer Conference in LA

NOW THAT PLACE IS GONNA SHINE!!!

Have you registered yet? Still on the fence? There have been some great faculty interviews and many more to come.

SCBWI Team Blog member, Martha Brockenbrough, has been busy, busy, busy! Take a look at her interviews with:

RUBIN PFEFFER
GENNIFER CHOLDENKO
GAIL CARSON LEVINE
MAC BARNETT
And, one more topic switch...

After my shiny-mini-rock-star moment, Les Mills featured me on their blog. Too fun. Thanks, Les Mills! I heart you.

7 comments:

Kirby Larson said...

I believe you about your scheduled post, Jolie. I've had that happen to me, too!

I can't wait until you compile all of these into a book! (hint, hint)

Hugs to your sick baby. And have a blast in LA!

Sherrie Petersen said...

So sorry about your daughter! I went through that with my son a couple years ago and it was a nightmare. ((Hugs)) for both of you.

And I'll see you in L.A. I'm going again this year - yay!!

Stasia said...

I've had scheduled-posting problems lately, too. Hmmm... Anyway, so sorry your daughter was sick. My son had pneumonia years ago and it wasn't fun at all. Take care and here's hoping for sun for us all this weekend.

Michèle Griskey said...

I hope your daughter feels better soon. It almost seems extra cruel to be sick in June.
I'm going to be at the LA conference. I'm looking forward to the adventure!

Osker said...

I thought it was funny that you said in your profile that you are a writer, but you had someone else write your profile.

http://www.vancouvernewsblog.com/2010/06/merman-captured-in-bamboo-cage.html

Cuppa Jolie said...

Kirby, Sherrie, Stasia, and Michele ~ Thanks so much for your care and concern. We're still in the struggle, but hope she's on the mend.

And, Sherrie & Michele, Here's to a great time in LA. I'm really looking forward to it.

Osker, if you found it funny, I hope it made you smile or laugh. It's great for the heart.

holly cupala said...

Oh dear, I hope your little one feels better soon, Jolie. Hugs.