Friday, October 9, 2009

Help a Girl Out

Man! What's my problem?

I've been tired this week. Just plain tired. I'm sure a result of the insanely physical weekend I had. I didn't feel like I was in any sort of zone. Oh wait, yes I did. I was in two. The Spaced-out Zone. And the Distracted Zone. I guess I could add one more: the Utterly Ticked Off Zone (over the Washington Times article which you probably read too and if you didn't it's not worth your time...goodness knows I wasted way too much of mine because of it).

Spending time in those ridiculous, unproductive zones meant the Writing Zone was completely avoided/ignored.

I did attempt. Really. But here's the thing: Jolie & outlining mix together as well as toothpaste and orange juice.

So, I need some help. Heeellllppp! I need the outside pressure. So all week (12th-16th) I will be check in and report my outlining progress. If I'm not to "the end" in a week, well then...

You tell me! If I don't get it done, what should my consequence be? Leave as many ideas as you like and together we'll all pick a favorite (well, probably not my favorite, but you know).

7 comments:

Martha Brockenbrough said...

If your outline isn't done by the end of the week, we will shave your head.

Love,
Martha

Cuppa Jolie said...

Oh, Martha! You would...I never thought someone would threaten something like THAT. But, whew, that'd get my @$$ in gear.

Perhaps I'll have to solicit some more ideas. :)

Anonymous said...

How about 100 lashes with that infamous licorice whip? And no coffee for a week!!

Cuppa Jolie said...

Oh my! This is serious.

No coffee for a week. That one's good too!

Tara McClendon said...

How about some good old-fashioned cheering: YOU CAN DO IT!!

Yat-Yee said...

I'll raise the no coffee for a week to no coffee AND no chocolate for a week. But if you finish, you can have as much of either as you wish!

Cuppa Jolie said...

Tara - Thank you. I heart old-fashioned cheering.

Yat-Yee - So, I will totally call myself out...I can live without chocolate for a week. I love chocolate but I can resist it. That said, I can NOT resist sweets.

Here's an example: Halloween's coming up! I will go for the Laffy Taffy, Sweettarts, or Nerd (yes, I know)before the Snickers or M&Ms (well, unless it's 100 Grand bar).

So, I think this is a good. If I don't get it done by the end of the week...NO COFFEE OR SWEETS FOR A WEEK. (Did I really just say that?)