Monday, July 6, 2009

SRS Candy Buzz: Cheryl Klein and SCBWI WWA Retreat

Cheryl Klein had a great post on her Brooklyn Arden blog yesterday. Take a read HERE. It seems very appropriate and timely for those of you busy with your July SRS goals.

And speaking of Cheryl Klein, have you ever wanted to attend a small, intimate retreat where she is a featured speaker? We're talking a limited group of writers, in a picturesque setting, with two fantastic editors. Here's the deets:


SCBWI Western Washington invites you to apply for its Fall 2009 Retreat for Writers and Writer-Illustrators of Children’s Books, WEEKEND ON THE WATER, taking place Friday, November 6, to Sunday, November 8, 2009, at the luxurious Alderboork Resort & Spa, nestled on the scenic shores of Hood Canal less than two hours west of Seattle.

In an intimate, craft-focused retreat, Cheryl Klein, senior editor with Arthur A. Levine Books at Scholastic, and Ruta Rimas, assistant editor with Balzer + Bray at HarperCollins, will bring their considerable editorial and teaching experience to bear on the challenges of “Going Deeper,” including the interactions between character development, plot development, and theme.


Rockin', huh? Go HERE for full details and to apply!

Plus...you'd get to see me. I'll be the one wearing the hat that says "Retreat Director" or maybe I should just get a mug made with that on it...hmmmm!

3 comments:

Jaime Temairik said...

Awesome, Jolie! I am too excited for this already.

Anonymous said...

Me too, me too, me too! I can't WAIT! Thanks, Jolie! =)

BJW said...

Sounds awesome. Long shot, but hope I can scrape up enough nickels to try to submit something. If I can't do it though, will be jealous as a bear on a diet, I assure you.

: )