Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Moment #7

Things have been non-stop here at Chez Cuppa. I've really (I mean, reallyreallyreally) needed to get some work done, but that would mean pulling a couple of all-nighters. Okay...I do exaggerate. I no longer do all-nighters, but I was hoping for a couple of very late-nighters. Unfortunately, that didn't happen either.
But when running to this and running to that...sometimes you actually run into stuff. Like fold-down, auditorium desks. And this happens...


That is a humongous bruise on my leg. It's swollen and black and ouchie. And the picture doesn't do it justice. However...I fear you think I might be exaggerating since I've been know to plenty-o-times.

But here's the thing, when I get hurt in such a way that it leaves a big mark and it's really hurting, I want to show off my war wound. I might even make you feel it. Not the pain, but the goose egg that is the side of my leg.

But pain can be both physical and emotional. How does your character manage pain (of each type)?

1 comment:

holly cupala said...

Oooh, what a great question. It always seems like I'm right in the middle of trying to figure out the very things you ask about, only I never can put my finger on them until you do.

Sorry about the bruise! I've been meaning to stop by all day - this very productive day (finally...yay!). Are you up for a few thousand tomorrow? Or are you more entrenched in revisions these days?