Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snowed In! What's a Girl to Do?

Cue the music!

Walking in a winter wonderland...

That's been the tune in these parts. All this snow has meant a third consecutive day of school closures; kids aching to be outside constantly; kids coming inside looking like jolly elves with rosy cheeks; being confined to the house where one would think writing could get done but it's doesn't; and Christmas shopping that MUST happen but hasn't because I can't get to the mall.

...walking in a winter wonderland, walking in a winter wonderland...walking

WAIT! Stop the music.
NO MORE WINTER WONDERLAND, I have things to do. Okay, maybe that's drastic, but can I at least request safe driving conditions?
Fortunately, I have been able to do bit of online shopping during this cold spell. There such cool stuff out there, especially created by crafty types. And the crafty types make great things for the bookish types.

Can I share a few favorites I have already received this season?
I'll take the silence as a yes since I'm sure you're nodding.

Look at this cutie pie I got from the wonderful SCBWI Western Washington team as a thank you for my three years as Co-Regional Advisor. It's a purse made out of a book. How kick-book is that? This (or something like it) would make a super gift for the reader or writer types in your life.
And here's the side view. Don't miss the title!

I'm not sure where this exact purse came from, but you can find all sorts of such things on Etsy. And, if you've never shopped on Etsy before...make sure you're snowed in and have no place to go because you might be there a while. Really!




Another favorite that I love to give and get? Laini's Ladies. I love, love, love the Ladies! Just look at the bounty I recently received from the lovely Laini herself. Such a lucky girl I am.




Go HERE to find out about how you can get Laini's Ladies at 20% off. Again...really!



Want a "green" idea? I received this little giftie from a friend and couldn't love it more. These EarthLust bottles aren't only a gift for a friend or loved one but a gift to our planet. And, there's so many cool designs. I got a super deal (no shipping) on them HERE today.
Happy shopping! Or maybe you're one of those already finished types. If you are, I applaud you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. If you love the purse, try this website to make your own. http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Book-Purse

Hope you like it.

WV in AL

Anonymous said...

Yes, we've been homebound as well. I was planning on doing many secret errands while J. was in school this week, but I stayed home and ate too many cookies instead.

More coming tomorrow, they say.

Cuppa Jolie said...

VW in AL...thanks for sharing. I'm not sure I'm that crafty, but I know many are and the purses are so much fun!

Kim...you're that crafty! Hop to it and whip up some purse books while you're snowed. We got out today (with girlies in tow) but had a productive day. However it took three adults to distract. I at least feel like if I couldn't leave the house again before Christmas the girls are set. That's all that matters.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you could make it if you put your mind to it. :o) I'm still looking for a 'disposable' book to use.

"The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine"-- from 'Desperado' by the Eagles

That's how it's been down here for the last 6 or 7 days. I'd love to see some of the white stuff!

WV(not the car) in AL